News » Wokingham » Articles »

Firefighters extinguish porch fire at Wokingham home

Published: 1 Sep 2014 17:300 comments

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a porch fire at a Wokingham home this morning (Monday).

Share this image

Crews from Wokingham and Bracknell were called to the house in All Saint's Close at about 8.30am after the electrics in the house short-circuited.

This caused a pile of newspapers to catch fire, while also causing a gas leak due to a pipe being damaged.

The gas board were called to switch off the gas mains, while firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to extinguish the flames.

No-one was hurt and the crews left the scene at about 10.30am.

Jump to first paragraph.


Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.