Light fitting melts roof felt in Easthampstead

Published: 14 Nov 2012 09:300 comments

A FAMILY living in Easthampstead called out the fire brigade this morning, after smelling burning.

Firefighters from Bracknell station rushed to Saffron Road at 7.30am and discovered that an external light had dislodged itself and burnt through the roof - melting the felt underneath.

They spent 45 minutes dowsing the flames and securing the roof.

The damage to the house itself was minimal but new felt will be needed to insulate the roof.

No-one was hurt.

Jump to first paragraph.


Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.