Gang of robbers who 'terrorised the public' in Bracknell have been jailed

Published: 24 Apr 2014 12:300 comments

FOUR men are behind bars after breaking into the homes of Bracknell residents before stealing their mobile phones and wallets.

The group will all be serving lengthy sentences after each being convicted of four counts of robbery and one count of aggravated burglary.

They undertook a series of robberies in properties in Mount Lane, Bracknell town centre, and Leaves Green, Crown Wood, on the nights of November 21 and 22 last year.

The gang was aggressive to a number of victims during the robberies, punching them and threatening one with a knife.

They stole personal items such as mobile phones and lighters from people’s pockets, with one victim requiring stitches following a cut to their eyebrow.

Another received head injuries which required hospital treatment.

The aggravated burglary took place in Mount Pleasant, Bracknell town centre, on November 22 where the gang demanded drugs from four victims in a flat. The victims were forced to sit in the living room, where the quartet theatened them with knives and a screwdriver.

All four victims were searched and mobile phones and wallets were taken from them, with one suffering a cut to their face.

Arun Bance, 23, of Haymill Road, Slough, Dean Eddleston, 20, from Wildridings Square, Wildridings, Kofi Murdock, 18, from Doggett Road, south-east London, and a 17-year-old boy, were charged on November 23 last year. They pleaded guilty at Reading Crown Court on February 7 and were sentenced there on Monday, April 7.

Bance was sentenced to five years for robbery and eight years for aggravated burglary, totalling 13 years, followed by two years on licence.

Murdock was sentenced to four years for robbery and eight years for aggravated burglary, totalling 12 years, and two years to be spent on licence.

Eddleston was convicted to three-and-a-half years for robbery and eight years for aggravated burglary, totalling 11-and-a-half years.

The 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced to three years for robbery and six years for aggravated burglary, totalling nine years.

After the case, PC John Cruse said: “I’m pleased that these offenders have been brought to justice.

“They terrorised members of the public and caused injury to undeserved victims.

“Officers in Bracknell will ensure that these kinds of offences are dealt with robustly and that they will not be tolerated.”

Jump to first paragraph.


Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.