Bullbrook: Microwave meal prompts firefighter call-out

Published: 26 Jul 2013 17:300 comments

FIREFIGHTERS rushed to a house in Basemoors, Bullbrook, this afternoon (Friday).

The crew from Bracknell station spent an hour at the property after a teenage boy had forgotten to take his meal out of the microwave.

But fortunately the overcooked food had just caused a lot of smoke rather than a full-blown fire, and nothing was damaged bar the appliance itself.

Firefighter Hank Marten said it was a typical school holidays call, but that the teenager did the right thing in dialling 999.

He said: "He called the emergency services and got out of the house - which was the right thing to do. His smoke detectors went off as well.

"It was just a shame we had to put the door in with a sledgehammer!"

Jump to first paragraph.


Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.