Bin blaze guts family bedroom in Hanworth

Published: 4 Jun 2013 09:000 comments

A FAMILY had a lucky escape when a raging fire tore through their Hanworth home in the early hours of today (Tuesday).

Firefighters from Wokingham, Windsor and Crowthorne stations were called to a two-storey property in Qualitas just after midnight.

The blaze - believed to have originated from a bin in the first-floor bedroom - ripped through the room, spreading to the loft before the crews contained the flames.

No-one was hurt and the inhabitants - a mum, dad and son, thought to be in his 20s - described it as an 'unfortunate accident'.

For more on this story, pick up the Bracknell News - out Thursday.

Jump to first paragraph.


Have your say - post a comment on this article

Registered users log in here
If you are registered with us, you can login here. If you are not registered, please do so now. Once logged in you wont have to complete word verification each time you post.