Sam Francis, 23, from Priestwood, has taken up an initiative to be featured in the News and its sister paper the Midweek to try to find an employer willing to take him on for training.
Mr Francis, who has just finished physics and chemistry AS-levels at the college and plans to stay on to do an A2-level in physics, said: "As a single dad I want to make the best life I can for my son, which translates directly into hard work. I can be relied upon, have good social and team skills, and a good work ethic.
"After being made redundant two years ago I chose to study and I want to get into employment in a job I can indulge my passion for physics, engineering and design."
He added: "I'm looking to get involved with metal fabrication and welding (MIG, TIG, oxyacetylene) and design with a view to design and manufacture bespoke and batch products for engineering.
"I'm really keen on engineering and I enjoy working with my hands."
In a bid to fill skills gaps in the economy and get more youngsters into employment, the Government aims to have one in five young people in the UK in Apprenticeships by 2020.
Taking on an apprentice can cost as little as £90 a week. Government grants are also available in some cases.
If you are interested in us profiling you, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your full name, age and where you live
- A colour jpg photo of yourself
- Details of where you are studying and/or working now
- Your qualifications
- The Apprenticeship you are seeking - eg motor vehicle, electrical installation, childcare, accounting or hairdressing
Please explain briefly
- Why you are interested in that line of work
- Why should a company employ you - what are your qualities and strengths?
- What is your ambition?
- If you are interested in employing one of the would-be apprentices we feature or are looking to take on any, please email email@example.com
- You can find out more about apprenticeships and what they involve from Bracknell & Wokingham College. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01344 766676.